Butte-Anaconda National Historical Park & Local Heritage Area Initiative
Creating A Nationally Significant Destination . . . that would increase customer flow to existing local attractions and business has long been a dream in Butte. Over fifty other communities in the nation have made that dream a reality. “Heritage Tourist; Come, Stop, Stay, and Spend in the culture of the communities they choose to immerse themselves in.” Heritage Tourism Consultant, 2012 in Butte.
History of the Initiative
- The Consent Agreement for the Supper Fund remediation and restoration hopefully will be finalized shortly.
- It is time to start looking to the future.
- The Keweenaw National Historical Park Model’s Key Ideas are;
- All working together to create and provide a Park Like Experience
- The Federal Government not involved with Local Heritage Area
- The Federal Government Park Units, that are owned and operated by the NPS, are only the building sites on which the NPS's interpretive centers and offices are located
- The NPS is not competing with the local attractions, but assisting in creating a greater customer flow to existent local attractions and business
Please fill out our online survey (If an interactive PDF opens on your browser, download the this file and open it with Acrobat.) Complete the PDF form, click Submit Form to create an email, and then send the email, or print our Opinion Survey HERE and mail it to:
Attn: BHS - Heritage Projects
c/o 2601 Grand Ave.
Butte, MT 59701