- Montana Rules on Political Signs
- Campaign Finance & Practices for Candidates & Political Committees
- Montana Commissioner of Political Practices
Call, email, or stop by our office to see if you are registered to vote or if you are still on the Absentee ballot list. You can also check by using the MVP, My Voter Page link in the right hand column.
Click on this link and fill out the Absentee List Application, return it to the Clerk & Recorder’s Office and we will add you. You may apply to vote absentee through November 5 at noon. After that time, you must vote at the polls on November 6, 7:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. (Butte and Ramsay precincts; Rocker, Divide, and Melrose precinct polls are open from noon to 8:00 p.m.).
We begin mailing out absentee ballots for the November Primary on October 12. You can track when we mail your ballot and when we receive and process your ballot with the MVP application which you can download to your phone or computer. This application is available in the right hand column of this page or by going to sos.mt.gov.
You may register to vote and vote up to 8 p.m. on election day (November 6).
2018 Voting Schedule:
October 9 – Close of regular voter registration for general election
October 10 – Beginning of late registration at the Courthouse for general election
October 30 – Public Test of Election Equipment
November 5, noon – Deadline for applying for an absentee ballot for general election
November 6 – Federal General Election
My Voter Page (MVP) – There’s an app for that! (Android or Apple) If you would like to know your precinct, your voting status (active or inactive), the status of your absentee ballot, the last time you voted, download this app. Search “my Voter page Montana”. It is also available on for your computer.
Montana Voter Forms
Sample Ballot Form (June 2018 Primary)
(Ballots will vary based on districts, call or stop by the Clerk and Recorders office for more details)
Where to Vote
- For primary (June) and general (November) elections, voters living in Rocker, Ramsay, Divide, or Melrose will vote in their respective city.
- In Butte, voting takes place at the Civic Center.
- Voters living outside of the city limits who are unsure what precinct they are in should check with the Clerk & Recorder's Office to see where they should vote.
- For information on obtaining an absentee ballot or precinct information, please call 406-497-6342.
- Precincts 1 through 22 vote at the Butte Civic Center
- Precincts 19W, 26E and 26W vote in Rocker
- Precincts 27N and 27S vote in Ramsay
- Precinct 28 votes in Divide
- Precinct 29 votes in Melrose
- Civic Center and Ramsay polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
- Rocker, Divide, and Melrose polls open at noon and close at 8 p.m.
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow County Commissioner Districts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Urban Commissioner Districts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Urban Voter Precincts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow County Voter Precincts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Voter Precincts and Commissioner Districts
- Address Ranges for Voting Precincts and Commissioner Districts as of March 10, 2017